Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sakura's action in chapter 676?

+2
Strawberry
Irielo
6 posters

Go down

Sakura's action in chapter 676? Empty Sakura's action in chapter 676?

Post by Irielo Thu May 15, 2014 9:58 pm

I've read some discussions about it and I find it quite surprising how Sakura is getting bashed or mocked because of what she tried to do against Madara. I saw things like: "Sakura's action was reckless, suicidal and useless...", "Sakura was in Naruto's and Sasuke's way", "she should better leave the fight to the boys and go back to the kitchen...".

WTF? I disagree on that way of thinking. Sakura's action was courageous but the problem was that she could not see/feel Madara's shadows. The boys were almost killed by Madara when he was not at full force. Now that he's got back his missing Rinnegan, Sakura was the first to try something against him and that's quite commendable imo. Sasuke and Naruto are now able to fight against Madara because they did get a power-up which is not the case with Sakura but still, despite getting stabbed by him, she survived and was able to heal herself.

Sakura is also getting criticized because of her thoughts regarding Sasuke. Things like: "she is wasting her time by thinking of her crush", "her thoughts were inappropriate given the situation"...

I think there is some misinterpretations regarding Sakura's character because of making abstractions of some facts. When Sakura tried to stop Sasuke from leaving (ch 181), she used her feelings for him to convince him. Unfortunately, it did not work out. It was thus a personal failure for her, that's why she relied on Naruto (leading to the POAL) because she thought he could succeed where she couldn't. She had to live with that feeling of failure all this time because she might have thought that if Sasuke cared for her, she would have been able to stop him.

The thing with Sasuke is that he puts his goal(s) and what he considers as priorities before emotions/feelings. The same way he made his way to Orochimaru to become stronger, the same way, his priority is to focus on the fight against Madara. I think he cares about Sakura, that's why he was backing her up, but he knew she was going to survive and kept on focusing on the fight instead of freaking out about her. However, I admit that Sakura has some insecurities and I hope Sasuke will soon prove her wrong.

Last thing: Kakashi in chapter 675 acknowledged that Sakura's feelings are no more those of the fan girl he was talking to when he'd just become Team 7's sensei. Even in chapter 23, Kakashi was thinking about Sakura's behavior towards Sasuke: "She is way too hung up on him". At that fan girling time, yes, one can say Sakura had a big crush on Sasuke but going on missions with the latter and spending time with him as a teammate made her discover other aspects of him which were not so "cool" like she used to think before. But instead of judging him, she tried to understand him, leading her to have deeper feelings for him like it was portrayed in chapter 181.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Sakura's action in chapter 676? Empty Re: Sakura's action in chapter 676?

Post by Strawberry Fri May 16, 2014 8:49 am

To be honest, after all the crap Hinata got (and still gets to this day) for her confession, I am not surprised about all the critics towards Sakura. I have never been that big of a Sakura fan, I admit it. But even I was actually proud of what she did.

She didn't go there recklessly, she planned to be a distraction and she knew she could tank hits. In fact, I would say the ones in the wrong were Naruto and Sasuke for not telling her about the shadows, but then again, they probably didn't appear until that moment, since after they were thrown back by Madara, Sasuke told Naruto that his shadows had multiplied. I like the fact that Sasuke backed her up, honestly; and that certainly shows it is not true that "he doesn't care".

While it is true that it wasn't necessary for Sakura to be thinking about Sasuke's attention in that moment, it served to reinforce what was said the previous chapter about her feelings for Sasuke. They are still there and stronger than ever. Even if Naruto caught her, it was Sasuke the one she was hoping would take notice of her. Sakura's feelings are being thrown in our faces crystal clear, and only Kishimoto knows where is he going with this.

....yeah. I am becoming a SasuSaku fan. xD
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Fri May 16, 2014 12:01 pm

I'm a Sakura critic but i'm not going too bash Sakura. Sakura isn't the wreckless type, i'm sure she knows what she was doing.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Fri May 16, 2014 2:42 pm

If you were honestly surprised, welcome to the Naruto fandom. ;)

Sakura is bashed relentlessly regardless of what she does or doesn't do. Quite a bit of it this time around is a re-hash of prior chapters and/or bashes that Hinata has also gotten in the past. Some of the bashers are outright hypocrites, while the rest are just a matter of the "you can't please everyone" issue.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Fri May 16, 2014 5:51 pm

^I know Sakura is often bashed but I was surprised of the reactions after this chapter. I thought that more would see the positiveness behind her action but I was wrong... I have the feeling because some bashers don't even try to think about her character but just criticize her to criticize.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Sun May 18, 2014 11:58 am

Some people love to bash just to bash. Me personally was never a big fan of Sakura Fan girl enough said. Even in shippuden she never completely loses her fan girl tendencies . I how even will give her credit where credit is due.

Tsunade has taught her well. She has learned everything Tsunade has taught her very well. She did beat Sasori. (though in the beginning Chiyo did help.)

She was pretty brave to run at Naruto in a 4 tail state to try to calm him down.(Not many people I know in the Manga outside the Akatsuki and maybe Hinata would want to get to close to an out of control jinchuuriki.)

She ran the Hospital during Pains attack on Konoha. I know many Medics when I was a Marine that will tell you nothing drains you both emotionally or physically than a mass casualty situation. She has also been shown to do the same during the war.

When Pain injured Hinata and Naruto lost control. Once Pain started moving away from the Village her first concern wasn't "Naruto might come back in his 6 tails state and attack us" like many including myself as an infantryman would have been. Hers was what a good medic's would have been "Hinata is out there and injured lets go get her and heal her regardless of the risk to my self". Medics are the bravest of the brave in the military though they rarely get the glory that the infantry get.

In hindsight maybe attacking Madara head on wasn't the smartest thing to do, How ever I will acknowledge that it was also brave of her to do so. I will give Sakura credit where it is due and her charging a man that fought and beat the Gokage is brave. I am sure she didn't know about Limbo and if she had she would have reacted differently.

All Sakura knew since she was in Obito's dimension is that Sage mode and Taijutsu are the only way to injure Madara, and lets face it Sakura hits like a tank so her attacking makes sense with the info that she had. Any one that has ever served time on the front lines in a war knows that you can only make decisions based on the info that you have and based on what she knew she made the right call. Unfortunately much like happens in real life she did not have all the info so her actions were the wrong ones for that situation.

In closing In my Opinion Sakura was brave to run in and attack Madara.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Sun May 18, 2014 10:33 pm

^Small thing: When Sakura ran to 4 tailed Naruto, I don't think she knew about the danger she was facing. According to Yamato's flashback in chapter 291, only Kakashi, Tsunade and himself knew about it and that thanks to what Jiraiya told them about Naruto showing four tails. So, she did not know that Naruto could not make the difference between friend and foe at this time. Naruto himself was not aware about that.

Anyway, this is true that medical skills and medics are unfairly not acknowledged the way they should like those who are fighting...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Mon May 19, 2014 5:19 am

True she might not have known he couldn't tell friend from foe. Either way it is still brave in my opinion as it shows she wasn't afraid (or at least brave enough to ignore the fear). Remember her Kabuto and Yamato had just watched Naruto fight Orochimaru to a draw. Everyone saw the type of power Naruto was throwing around. It goes against every Instinct an Infantryman has to get close to what looks like a raging animal. Especially one that had fought a Sanin to a draw.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon May 19, 2014 9:16 am

^That's also true. Sakura could perceive that Naruto was no more himself... She thought she could do something about it, but not having all the informations regarding him (4 tails' situation), led her to act like she did.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue May 20, 2014 3:02 am

the sad part is Sakura is bashed as often as Hinata is, doesn't matter what those two do.

Sakura was willing to be the punching bag because she knew she could take it, while Naruto and Sasuke attacked with their best moves, this chapter shows that Sakura is a capable character, I personally am not a big Sakura fan either, but I do understand that she isn't a bad character.

it is sad, but what can you do about it?
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Tue May 20, 2014 3:34 am

They are bashed because some people. (mostly teenage boys from the way they type.) Think that female characters are meant to only serve as a male characters love interest. Of course boys at that age have different ideas of what makes a perfect woman. (Big boob nymphomaniacs who wear as little clothing as possible.) Not realizing that there are few women like that in real life. I was infantry in the United states marines for 13 years. I realize not everyone is a front-line fighter. Many people don't realize that. Not everyone in a manga should be able to match the skills of the main hero or heros. In this case Naruto and his Rival Sasuke. It is unfair to the other characters to compare them to Naruto and Sasuke.

I would not have a problem having either Hinata or Sakura watching my back in a war. Sakura packs one hell of a punch and if I get injured she will do her best to make sure I make it back alive.(She also kept Naruto alive until Obito could get the other half on Kurama into Naruto that counts for something right.) Hinata has great taijutsu, byakugan to watch my rear, and Naruto's never back down nindo.

Pairing wise (takes off Naruhina shipping glasses and puts on neutral shipping glasses) Naruto would be lucky for either one of them to love him. (I know Sakura still loves Sasuke but trying to be neutral here)

Sakura is smart brave and caring. Shes also very pretty. Just watch for her temper and her lack of cooking skills.

Hinata also Smart, brave, and caring. Great cook. Very pretty but also modest in dress and manners, as befitting a lady of her stature. Not violent but able to stand up to Naruto if he is wrong.

These are two women that any man could take home to meet his mother and feel proud of getting.

Many people that Bash  just look at their failings and not what they also did right. I bet any point you could come up with to bash Hinata or Sakura with I could point out Naruto or Sasuke doing something similar. Some people just bash to bash. Either because they are sexist or something else.

Ok rant mode off.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue May 20, 2014 8:08 am

^ I think that some reviewers (I won't mention them) don't help in the process... Sakura, for instance, is often the prey of sarcasms and unfair critics from them and that influences some... The problem I think is, by reviewing "many" mangas/animes a reviewer might sometimes loose the plot by analyzing the reviewed stories using the same analysis' paradigm. This is, unfortunately, ignoring that each story has its own development and each mangaka his/her own sensibility.

That's why there are some details about the characters which are often ignored, especially when it comes to characters who are not so appreciated by the reviewer... Then, there are followers who just come with their hatred on the top of that and make things worse... I will take again this example I put in my first post stating that Madara almost killed Naruto and Sasuke when he was not at full power.

Sakura had the guts to act like a decoy, like some here pointed out, and she did it facing a Madara at full force. She was stabbed by him but she survived and could heal herself. At least Sakura has shown so far that between Naruto, Sasuke and her, she has been the most resistant.

It was good that you pointed that out meow69 that both, Sakura and Hinata are worthy as characters, as Shinobis and as loving women. Regarding the pairing issue, I think the story went in a friendship direction when it comes to Naruto and Sakura's relationship whereas it is heading to romance in Naruto and Hinata's case.
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Tue May 20, 2014 10:23 am

I never really read reviews honestly I prefer to just read the Manga myself. So I have no idea how much they are bashed by reviewers. I however have been a member on other forums and have read some pretty harsh bashing for both of them especially when Pairing lenses are worn.

The worst Bashing however is in Fan fiction. I both read and write a lot of Fan fiction. There is a time and place for Bashing in a fan fiction. To be a good type of bashing it should be justified by their actions in the story and hopefully serve as a catalyst for change hopefully for the betterment of the character . To prove my point I will compare  two highly followed and reviewed story One has the bad type of bashing the other will have the good type see if you can tell the difference. Both stories are rated M read at own risk. both have Sakura bashing. First up the one where the Bashing is done wrong

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5669723/1/Naruto-One-Man-Team By ackdam

Sakura in this story is for lack of a better word is a psychotic idiot. she only gets worse as the story go on there is no wake up call because of her actions. This story's Sakura might as well have an IQ of a mouse. This one takes what are some of Sakura's worse traits even in cannon and takes them to extremes to the point that there is no saving her. Personally I never liked this story and it gives serious fan fiction writers a bad name.

example 2 the good type of bashing

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3520581/1/Naruto-vs-Sasuke-The-Aftermath by Kingkakashi

The bashing is based on a realistic level of Sakura's personality. She is like preshippuden Sakura blind to Sasuke's darkness. Something happens in the story to open her eyes but she is hurt.(won't say what but it is pretty harsh) Sakura opens her eyes and she changes and becomes respectable. And she betters herself as a person and friend to both Naruto and Hinata.

See the difference In the first one the bashing is used to make the main character look better. The second one it leads to a live changing event where she changes for the better and fixes her flaws.

Irielo I also agree that Naruto and Sakura are more close friends. Possibly even more a Brother sister type relationship. Hinata and Naruto way passed just friends.
Though reading a well written NS fan fiction is a guilty little pleasure of mine. Only well written ones though.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed May 21, 2014 9:20 am

^To tell you the truth, when I saw the length of those fan fictions, I did not read them. Guess I'm lazy, lol. However, I trust your judgement about them and I also agree that fan fictions might in some cases influence minds as well.

Anyway, I've mentioned "Sakura's insecurities" regarding Sasuke in my first post and I think that today's chapter (677) showed that Sasuke was 100% right to remain focus on the fight. He succeeded to protect, at least, his teammates of Team 7 from the Tsukunomi, showing that he does care for them, including Sakura, and that he wants them to fight by his side.

Respect to Sasuke who is showing that he knows that alone, he would probably not make it against Madara, that teamwork is something vital and that he wants to protect his dear ones. If he wanted, he could have said nothing and let Naruto get caught by the Genjutsu but it did not happen this way...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Wed May 21, 2014 10:04 am

I understand not reading them. I tend to read the longer Fan fictions usually 60k words, and more because usually when they get that long it shows the writer is dedicated to the story and has a higher chance of being finished. The exception is for one shots and ones marked complete. Don't know any shorter ones to illustrate my point though sorry.

I also agree Sasuke keeping a level head (other than when Itachi is involved both pre and post death) is what makes Sasuke who he is. In a way he is getting some of his brother's cool detachment. That makes him a good shinobi but not always the most emotional.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed May 21, 2014 10:56 am

^Sasuke is not emotionless. He is just introverted...

Regarding Sakura's love, just read that:

Spoiler:

There are already some hints since the early part 1 like this picture too:

Spoiler:

So, there is no coincidence if this or that has been drawn or written because it did have its confirmation with the development of the story. Unfortunately, it does not please everybody...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down