Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the worst shipping argument seen?

+9
Strawberry
Bubbles
meow69
Yamasaki Akaiko
Fallere825
racefan1992
Starlight
Irielo
Mustang
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the worst shipping argument seen? Empty the worst shipping argument seen?

Post by Mustang Tue May 06, 2014 4:39 am

Now earlier I had a thread about the worst Pro-NaruHina comments we have all seen. alright let's not be so specific on certain pairings here, let's talk about the worst shipping arguments in the Naruto story itself. you know we have come across them all the time and some of them want to make us spit out whatever liquid is in our mouths (mine beer)  the worst shipping argument seen? 713970279 

remember they don't have to be NaruHina, NaruSaku or SasuSaku, they can be other pairings as well, in general what are some of the worst shipping arguments you have seen (now remember the rules, no bashing and no mentioning of any fanbases in particular). I think this one here sort of hits my last nerve a fair bit.

NaruSasu (yep this one has come up at least a few times) Kishimoto has intended for Yaoi so many times and has teased it, Kishi has always wanted NaruSasu to happen.  the worst shipping argument seen? 1501964845  the worst shipping argument seen? 4054107101  the worst shipping argument seen? 3848291250 

to me that particular argument really lacks substance, when I asked for evidence, I was abused heavily, and it wasn't like I was trying to create an argument, but ask for evidence. luckily I just got away from where ever it was, and just decided to pretend I didn't say a thing.  the worst shipping argument seen? 3848291250 

remember, this thread here is designed to make us think about our experiences with the series, reflecting on the negative, but very soon I am going to change to a more positive thread, but for now, present to this thread, some of the madness that comes from any pairing. good luck and lets have an awesome time of it.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

the worst shipping argument seen? Empty Re: the worst shipping argument seen?

Post by Irielo Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 am

I could say that I was myself so afraid of SasuHina, that I was freaking out about it and wrote some crazy scenario despite hating this crack pairing...

Regarding this same pairing, one year ago I read a post on a forum which stated that Kishimoto's intention 14-15 years ago was to make SasuHina canon but because of "commercial matters" and for "fan service", he changed and had to privilege NaruHina...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Tue May 06, 2014 8:17 am

Sasuke and Sakura's relationship is abusive like lol since when. Sasuke have been in a bad state and look at Sasuke's face when he was about to kill Sakura

Spoiler:
He's not even smiling

completey ignored when Sasuke was SMILING when he was about to kill Karin but apperentely it dosen't count :/ Lol xD

Also don't you just love it when every Anti-NaruHina argument is countered in the manga

•Hinata is not Naruto's type
Spoiler:

•Hinata is useless
Spoiler:

•Hinata never stayed by Naruto's side
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nice try :)

Last edited by Starlight on Tue May 06, 2014 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 am

Naruto kissing Saskue=Canonz!!!!!11111

No because this manga is NOT about guy on guy stuff. it was meant too be taken as a joke. Like Kurama teasing Naruto about it?

NS, NH and SS "evidence" that threat the female like an object of some sort. Sickens me.

And NS using the "shonen architype" when some shonens don't follow the architype. The "law" has been broken many times, it means nothing.

Could think of more but my brain is full of other stuff right now.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallere825 Wed May 07, 2014 2:08 am

^ yup yup all of the above. Another thing that ticks me would be the use of parallels (we all know this pops up quite often) the worst shipping argument seen? 1391645756 I never understood how that works or why someone would use it in an argument...for any of the popular pairings NH, SS or NS. Despite having similarities with another pairing(s) the author is still free to do what he wishes no? so imo using parallels don't make for a good argument.
Fallere825
Fallere825

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Wed May 07, 2014 11:41 am

No argument bothers me more than "deserving" arguments. There are many that I think are illogical for a variety of reasons, but "deserving" arguments are the worst to me regardless of fandom/pairing.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Mon May 26, 2014 3:24 am

The worst shipping argument for NH I have seen, and I am sure everyone has seen it at least once is. "Naruto should get with Hinata because she has big boobs" Do I even have to explain why that is a bad argument? I am going to give everyone that argues that the benefit of a doubt and say they are teenage boys, and only know about the physical attraction side of a relationship.

Of course I have also seen NS argue the same thing about Naruto should get with Sakura because she has a nice butt.

I hate Shipping arguments based on physical appearance. Other than they would look good together for example "Ino and Naruto both have blue eyes and Blond hair and would look cute together." For a crack pairing argument that one would be acceptable.

If you argue something physical make it something more than appearance. Like I love the LeexYakumo pairing, because both have limitations on what they can do as a shinobi because of how their bodies are made. Both however want to push what they can do to the limits Taijutsu in Lee's case, Genjutsu in Yakumo's case. As an added bonus Yakumo has been shown to admire Lee because he inspires her like Naruto does for Hinata. I know Yakumo is a filler character but I still love that pairing.

Last edited by meow69 on Mon May 26, 2014 6:52 am; edited 2 times in total
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Mon May 26, 2014 3:27 am

the worst I have seen is when a ship relies on another ship to make it a reality, what makes this argument laughable is that when a ship collapses it has nothing to do with the other ship.

in general, appearance arguments are the dumbest, they don't prove which pairing is better and it kind of makes the character look really bad, it also in turn makes Naruto look shallow. He is better than that
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Mon May 26, 2014 4:05 am

51-mustang wrote:the worst I have seen is when a ship relies on another ship to make it a reality, what makes this argument laughable is that when a ship collapses it has nothing to do with the other ship.

in general, appearance arguments are the dumbest, they don't prove which pairing is better and it kind of makes the character look really bad, it also in turn makes Naruto look shallow. He is better than that

Definitely agree with you there. Every ship needs to stand on its own merits. Relying on other ships to make it happen takes away from the ship. If your ship can't float on its own then let it sink don't try to keep it alive by making pointless arguments.

Agreed on appearance arguments. Naruto is not a shallow man, he has been ignored a good portion of his life, and been alone. He would not go with a girl just because of "wow she has big boobs and look at that butt." Granted those things might start the relationship because every relationship is started on some level of personal attraction. How ever for a relationship to truly last and grow there must be something more. Naruto is the type to look for more than that.

The same thing goes for other series as well. Like harry potter and such. They are not going to pick someone for shallow reasons.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Mon May 26, 2014 4:24 am

Agree with you guys on the fact that relying on other pairings to make yours looks better is ridiculous.

Diminishing a character involved in a rival pairing through bashings and insults, just to make one's favorite paring looks better is also stupid imo.

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Mon May 26, 2014 5:18 am

meow69 wrote:The worst shipping argument for NH I have seen, and I am sure everyone has seen it at least once is. "Naruto should get with Hinata because she has big boobs" Do I even have to explain why that is a bad argument? I am going to give everyone that argues that the benefit of a doubt and say they are teenage boys, and only know about the physical attraction side of a relationship.

Of course I have also seen NS argue the same think about Naruto should get with Sakura because she has a nice butt.

Agree with this. While Naruto likes his ass and tig ole bitties, it isn't the thing is he SOLELY looking for in a girl. Althought Naruto is pervy too a point, so i bet alittle physical attraction can't be discounted but it isn't the SOLE reason for him liking a girl.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Mon May 26, 2014 10:06 am

Parallels. Mommy said so and daddy's blessing! It's fine if you use these as padding for a relationship, but it's absolutely ridiculous to use them as evidence in place of actual romantic development. Using parallels to prove a ship is just being desperate.

Off-screen development! Really? For the "off-screen development" to be argued, the on-screen development has to have shown a shift in the relationship of some sort. One can't just argue something happened off panel when nothing in the least points to that possibly being the case.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Mon May 26, 2014 1:57 pm

"Sakura will finally realize she belongs with Naruto and she never really loved Sasuke!!" - A novel by NarSak since chapter 3 'till the present. It never ceases to amuse me. xD
Strawberry
Strawberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Mon May 26, 2014 2:19 pm

meow69 wrote:I hate Shipping arguments based on physical appearance. Other than they would look good together for example "Ino and Naruto both have blue eyes and Blond hair and would look cute together." For a crack pairing argument that one would be acceptable.

True, I despise "appearance" arguments when trying to discuss official pairings. However, I don't care if it it's used for crack pairings at all.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:46 am

I think Parallels are the worst :/ Cause its fun to look at but.. your assuming that your OTP is going to be canon because of it... And I think the Kushina talk about "Don't find a weird one" or "Don't go with the first girl you meet" Ugh..
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:10 am

Naruto's feelings > Girls feelings.

I feel like if a ship has to resort to downgrading the girls to "secondary character" or "not main character" in order to justify why the ship will happen, it means that ship doesn't have anything else to actually hold it together. Main x Main because shonen law is basically what this argument is saying.

That Naruto will "get the girl" regardless of how she feels because she is not him, she doesn't get to choose not to be with him, and Hinata doesn't get to have Naruto because she's just some unimportant side character who Naruto didn't want in the beginning so therefore he'll never want her, only Sakura.

It's a really disgusting argument. Kishi is going to build up these girls feelings for the boys, but those feelings don't actually matter because lawl they aren't main character so screw what they want and tear down their dreams and desires so it all amounts to jack because...that's good writing right?

Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 am

Yeah Naruto will get the girl alright, just not the girl NS wants Naruto to have, lol.

but still using shonen law to justify a ship isn't going to help in any way form or shape, that is really insulting the writer, the characters and really Manga in general.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinobi Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:07 am

I think one argument that makes me roll my eyes is the Anti-Sasusaku one; they can't be together because Sasuke tried to kill Sakura...really?
Who hasn't Sasuke tried to kill? I mean he tried to kill Naruto but that doesn't mean they're relationship has become any less than what it used to be; they're still best friends. And it refuses to accept the fact that Sakura still loves Sasuke...and I believe she always will.
Shinobi
Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Batokusanagi Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:53 am

One for each:
NS: Naruto knows Hinata as much as he knows Chouji.
NH: Kushina/Minato and Hinata and Naruto. Get it?
SS: Look at that eye smex!
SK: Imagine the babies!
Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:04 pm

"Naruto will get the girl/ the girl he wants!"

Okay, that is true. But what makes this argument terrible is that NS is assuming that the girl Naruto gets with has to be Sakura in order for him to be getting "the girl he wants." Naruto can just as easily want Hinata (and I feel he does), so Naruto would be getting the girl...just not the girl NaruSaku wants him to get.

I also hate the argument that Hinata will be Naruto's second choice or bronze metal or something. Look NS, it would be NaruSaku that would make Naruto the second choice, as Sakura herself clearly showed us when she chose to failfess to Naruto just because Sasuke was out of reach now. (though it was all a lie, still).

Naruto however, wouldn't get with Hinata just because he can't have Sakura. Naruto wouldn't do that, he isn't the type to lie to himself. If he chooses Hinata, it will be because he genuinely wants to give it a go with her.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:04 pm

And do you know to this day the Failfession of Sakura's is justified by NaruSaku? Those words itself should have told NS something? Did NS read every word to her Failfession? I just don't understand. The only thing I hear to is "Sakura didn't know how else to say it she said it wrong, also wrong timing for Naruto!" Like I HATE using parallels but come on this one is too obvious.

"But I like.. people like you!" - to Hinata

"I hate people who lie to themselves" - to Sakura

Not only did that sound similar or give me a flashback in part one between Naruto & Hinata. Even Naruto knew how Sakura felt and always have, never doubted it or nothing. Then we have Sai coming back like "Oh... I get it, umm yeah.. uh Sakura's willing to kill Sasuke the one she loves so he doesn't go further into the darkness" So Sai comes back, restates what he just seen and thought. *sigh*

And the wording Sakura used.. The WORDING! "Sasuke this, Sasuke that. I like you cause of this, and that now." GAH! AND HINATAS SELFISH? This is coming from a girl who KNOWS Hinata loves Naruto and thought it, even being guiltripped into going to sacrifice her happiness to be with Naruto thought is "That idiot loves me let me handle this" and goes to confess to him, ironically a few chapters after Hinata.

*facepalm* I love you Sakura, but NaruSaku justifying your actions is just wow to me. Though you apologizing walking away crying does show you know you messed up. :(

the worst shipping argument seen? 2801306734 
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Actually, reading this manga only through pairings glasses often leads to ridiculous arguments about the story itself. And that can come from all the corners: NH, SS, NS, SN and so on...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by ThisIsMyNinjaWay Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:07 am

I understand that. Each group will interpret each part and say what they think. But there's only one right person in the end on how they interpreted it. It's up to us to look at all the possibilities and pick what's the most unbiased one to yourself(though hard) cause of the pairing glasses. I also know especially this far into the manga we, I know I have can get overly excited for lil things such as character placement, name placement, and whoever is acknowledging a character etc. But it just adds more fuel to the ship to keep on going.

Last edited by ThisIsMyNinjaWay on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added words, misplaced one.)
ThisIsMyNinjaWay
ThisIsMyNinjaWay

Back to top Go down

Post by Irielo Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:24 am

This thing happens in all the ships... I sometimes got carried away and wrote some far-fetched things too... Lol!   the worst shipping argument seen? 1083899712 

The thing one should not forget is that the story does not turn around romance. It's not as if the Narutoverse was a planet turning around a sun called "romance" if you get what I mean.
The romantic moments or those we see as romantic are sweet and touching but the story is not based on this aspect solely.

Now, when other issues get interpreted only through pairing glasses, that becomes really disturbing with time... Anyway, romantic fan fictions are always there and are written to satisfy this "need of romance"...
Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by meow69 Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:09 am

Irielo wrote:This thing happens in all the ships... I sometimes got carried away and wrote some far-fetched things too... Lol!   the worst shipping argument seen? 1083899712 

The thing one should not forget is that the story does not turn around romance. It's not as if the Narutoverse was a planet turning around a sun called "romance" if you get what I mean.
The romantic moments or those we see as romantic are sweet and touching but the story is not based on this aspect solely.

Now, when other issues get interpreted only through pairing glasses, that becomes really disturbing with time... Anyway, romantic fan fictions are always there and are written to satisfy this "need of romance"...

We have all came up with some dare I say stupid interpretations of things, because we don't take off our shipping glasses when reading sometimes. Happens to the best of us. My Worst bad theory I ever had due to pairing glasses was "Hinata were hiding a relationship after the confession so Madara wouldn't target her" Do I even have to explain why that idea was stupid.

Fan fictions of all pairings are there for any type of pairing. Though personally I prefer good writing and story line over pairings when I read a story. I prefer Naruhina but I have read some pretty horrible Naruhina stories.(especially when they don't take the time to develop the relationship. Hinata goes from fainting around Naruto to lemons the next chapter. That is called bad writing a major pet peeve of mine.) I have on the other hand also read good stories of all pairings. One of my favorites on the Romance side is actually a NaruxHinaXSaku mini harem. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8375767/1/Supreme-Genetics-Creation-of-a-New-Bloodline By KingKakashi Co-written by Hefster.  (Rated Mature for the very well written lemons read at own risk.) . He actually develops the relationship (though he did rush the Naruhina a bit) this is a good example of how a romance fiction should be.
meow69
meow69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next