Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello! Welcome to the official NaruHina Forums! If you're new make sure you register and introduce. :)

Otherwise, just login, you! :P
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinata a stalker?

+5
Ponyta
racefan1992
Yamasaki Akaiko
Irielo
Twin Steps
9 posters

Go down

Hinata a stalker? Empty Hinata a stalker?

Post by Twin Steps Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:07 pm

So um... I know we all don't agree with this ... But... What arguments do you think can be presented to counter this lie?
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Hinata a stalker? Empty Re: Hinata a stalker?

Post by Irielo Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 am

Twin Steps wrote:So um... I know we all don't agree with this ... But... What arguments do you think can be presented to counter this lie?

I think even though one would give the best arguments against that BS, it's not going to change a thing because this kind of statement is not even an argument. It's a cheap way of bashing showing a lack of consideration to the manga and trying to cling to things which were created outside of the story just to make some fun of the characters...

Unfortunately, haters are gonna hate...

Irielo
Irielo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:23 am

Point out the obvious facts:

1) Hinata has never been shown following Naruto in the entire manga.

2) Hinata has always been shown acknowledging Naruto at times he's either being shunned by everyone else around or he was causing a disturbance of some sort ([sarcasm]I guess that means all the other people with Hinata were also stalking Naruto along with her[/sarcasm]).

3) The only time Hinata was shown noticing Naruto completely by herself it happened at the academy ([sarcasm]oh no, Hinata noticed a classmate being by himself during school hours which I'm sure has never ever been done before by anyone[/sarcasm]). It was obviously meant to be as innocent as when Naruto once noticed Sasuke was by himself or when Ino noticed Sakura by herself.

4) Tell people to lay off the fillers (unless they want to be going in blind) and that Rock Lee isn't going to affect the Naruto series.

Eh... I'll continue:

5) Ask for moments where Naruto was bothered by Hinata's presence. Chapter 437 due to him being worried for her safety does not count.

6) Ask for moments where Naruto felt threatened by Hinata's presence.

7) Ask for moments where Hinata has thought about doing something that could be remotely considered harmful towards Naruto.

8) Ask for moments where Hinata has been bothered by any of Naruto's friends or even remotely jealous of him spending time with them instead of her.

9) Ask why Naruto seems to think Hinata is great just the way she happens to be--as no one likes a stalker.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 am

^

This.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponyta Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Hmm... This argument always has a way of popping back up from time to time. I believe this (along with the idea that Hinata faints a lot) has a lot to do with the anime. People who watch the show, have a tendency to view the characters way they are portrayed in one way rather than how the manga shows them.

In all reality, saying "Hinata is a stalker" is like saying "Naruto is annoying", or "that character is useless". There really isn't any manga proof to back anything up.

People are going to think what they want to think. If they can't have a mature conversation about it without resorting to insults and profanity, you might as well leave it be.
Ponyta
Ponyta

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Using "Hinata is a creep for 'stalking' Naruto" is like using "Sakura is a bitch for hitting Naruto."

Neither have been shown to be negative (one is for comic relief, the other never shown in a negative light), and not one person has reflected on Hinata so called stalking him. Hinata straight up admits she was always watching him (and Sakura told him the same at the chuunin exams). He ended up holding her hand.

I think that speaks for itself. Like Irielo said, it's just a cheap copout used to bash her, not an actual argument. The whole watching thing is quite obviously not negative. When something is supposed to be creepy or wrong, everybody reading it will know it and it would be portrayed to the characters as such. This has yet to happen, and it never will because it's not a bad thing on her end to begin with.

This post pretty much owns that "argument".

http://commanderkurama.tumblr.com/post/79718085885/hinata-is-the-biggest-stalker-in-the-world-lol-all-she

Last edited by Bubbles on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:43 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : adding on)
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:59 pm

She wasn't/isn't a stalker, she was just curious about Naruto, in fact I don't think Naruto was ever bothered by Hinata's presence, I feel that he enjoys her being around, If Hinata is/was a stalker then her character would have faded long ago.

she isn't some sort of fangirl like one character we know, Hinata would do nothing to hurt Naruto, emotionally or physically and even mentally, she would never threaten Naruto's friends, in fact she knew Naruto never really had any friends, so I find that she is happy to know that the one she loves has friends that he can trust. If she was a stalker, she would never be able to fully understand him, but she can speak to Naruto on a level that no other character could, (not even Sakura) she understands him, because she has had the same painful past that he had.

So here is the biggest question, how is Hinata harmful to Naruto?

the answer is this, Hinata isn't harmful to Naruto, she would never be able to hurt him, emotionally, physically and mentally. the two can read eachother's thoughts through one another's eyes and can encourage one another, not only through meaningful words, but also through actions. Naruto can open up his thoughts and feelings to Hinata, that is something he has never really done to even Sakura, so why Hinata, does he have undiscovered feelings for Hinata? if Hinata was a stalker like it claims, would Naruto drop his bravado act while revealing his insecurities to Hinata? would he have held her hand?

No because if Hinata was a stalker, Naruto would be uncomfortable around Hinata, but in the end he seems to like her presence. maybe there is something about her that puts Naruto at ease, encourages him when he needs it the most.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:52 pm

Stalker: "a person who harasses another person, as a former lover, a famous person, etc., in an aggressive, often threatening and illegal manner."

So, when has Hinata ever portrayed stalking tendencies? And furthermore, when has her watching Naruto ever been shown to be 'threatening' or 'aggressive?' Has Naruto ever expressed a discomfort with Hinata? Has Naruto ever been shown to want Hinata to back away from him or to cease and desist? Has Naruto ever looked threatened or scared due to Hinata's apparent "stalker" tendencies?

Has anybody else within the story?

No. So to continue with that argument as if it has any truth to it or as if it affects Naruto in any way is pointless. Hinata is not a stalker, and she's never been portrayed as anyone who is deluded or wrong in her pursuit (despite what NS wants to believe).

Honestly, I cannot believe NS is actually arguing that Kishi is seriously writing Hinata as someone who is deluded enough to not understand Naruto is not interested in her that way, and she's just taking all the signs he's sending "wrong." Just, unbelievable.
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by racefan1992 Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:33 am

Bubbles wrote:Using "Hinata is a creep for 'stalking' Naruto" is like using "Sakura is a bitch for hitting Naruto."

Neither have been shown to be negative (one is for comic relief, the other never shown in a negative light), and not one person has reflected on Hinata so called stalking him. Hinata straight up admits she was always watching him (and Sakura told him the same at the chuunin exams). He ended up holding her hand.

I think that speaks for itself. Like Irielo said, it's just a cheap copout used to bash her, not an actual argument. The whole watching thing is quite obviously not negative. When something is supposed to be creepy or wrong, everybody reading it will know it and it would be portrayed to the characters as such. This has yet to happen, and it never will because it's not a bad thing on her end to begin with.

This post pretty much owns that "argument".

http://commanderkurama.tumblr.com/post/79718085885/hinata-is-the-biggest-stalker-in-the-world-lol-all-she

I favored this, CK wins again.
racefan1992
racefan1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:06 am

That post wasn't written by Commander Kurama; he just reblogged it. It was written by Twin Steps as I'm pretty sure that Twin Steps in lunaneko on tumblr.
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twin Steps Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 am

no, iM not luneko, tho I do have a blog.

but She's a great defender of NaruHina
Twin Steps
Twin Steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Severian Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 pm

I always thought that Hinata's life was very, hmm controlled, so that even if she wanted to stalk Naruto (not that she did), I don't think she would of had the opportunity.
I mean how would you stalk someone when you have a minder / body guard with you most of the time?
Severian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 pm

You know, I think it was pointed out that she wasn't allowed to be anywhere near Naruto, maybe NS forgot that in one of the flashbacks one of the bodyguards said not to even go near him, so maybe keeping her distance was a way to not get into trouble.

not to associate herself with Naruto, because they were hiding the fact that they thought he was a monster, But Hinata thought otherwise, a stalker is one person that the victim feels uncomfortable about being around, so does Naruto feel uncomfortable around Hinata? no he doesn't in fact I think he likes her being around, maybe he might hold (possible) romantic feelings for her, who knows?
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:53 am

This is my argument:

Definition of a Stalker

A person who harasses another person, as a former lover

OR

A stalker is someone who is obsessed with you, follows you around, waits outside your house for you to come home or leave, bombards you with letters, emails or phone calls

And I don't think Hinata is like that Naruto thanked her for being by his side THIS WHOLE TIME I don't think Naruto thinks of her as a stalker
Starlight
Starlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:14 pm

If Naruto thought of Hinata as a stalker, he would never have held her hand, in fact we would never have seen such amazing moments between Naruto and Hinata. I don't think we would have gotten the it's in your eyes/just look at his eyes situation.

we would never have been given chapter 615. in fact I don't think Naruto would have said, Thanks Hinata, it's because you have been by my side this entire time.

not sure if any of you agree with me, it seems like Naruto has accepted Hinata's love for him, if he thought she was a stalker, then would that have been the case, in fact if Kishi portrayed Hinata as a stalker, would we have gotten that front cover? and would we be seeing Hinata understand Naruto?

I guess NS is trying to do the best it can do, to make Hinata look bad, and to make Sakura look like a better fit for Naruto, especially considering the fact that both girls aren't perfect, so I don't think Kishi would pair Naruto with someone who is perfect.
Mustang
Mustang

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamasaki Akaiko Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:16 am

Eh, I keep in mind that the "bodyguard" stuff when Hinata was young is only true in the anime. There's been no hint of it in the manga. I'm pretty sure the anime only decided to even add that "bodyguard" stuff because of Ko being introduced and basically to give him some more screen time. There's also no evidence that Hinata was told to stay away from Naruto as a child either (as I don't count the anime ever). Yes, we've seen random villagers say that to "fodder" kids, but that doesn't mean Hinata was told the same. It's possible, but it's not actually a fact.

Also, keep in mind that many people call Hinata a "stalker" and many of those people don't like NaruSaku either (some of those people are NaruHina fans themselves). Most arguments against characters are not actually rooted in pairings even if it may appear that way at times.

Twin Steps wrote:no, iM not luneko, tho I do have a blog.

Okay, I thought you were because it seemed that you post a lot of things that I recall seeing on lunaneko's tumblr. My mistake ^_^
Yamasaki Akaiko
Yamasaki Akaiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down